External Relations Lead
RockHealth.org is looking for a collaborative, strategic, mission-driven, and entrepreneurial External Relations Lead to join our growing team. The External Relations Lead will play a critical role stewarding and advancing RockHealth.org’s external relations strategy, playing a crucial role advancing our fundraising, communications, and field leadership efforts. Compelling External Relations Lead candidates will bring a proven track record of advancing externally-facing strategies for socially-oriented organizations, stewarding relationships with strategic partners/clients, and developing compelling narratives for diverse stakeholders. The External Relations Lead will report to Chief of Staff, Deonta Wortham.
Roles & Responsibilities
External Relations Strategy
- Direct and implement an integrated strategic external relations approach to support and advance RockHealth.org’s five-year impact strategy
- Expand the organization’s reach to engage an increasingly diverse set of stakeholders across digital health, venture capital, technology
- Advance RockHealth.org’s position as a field leader for the integration of equity-centered principles across the digital health, venture capital, and tech ecosystems
Donor & Strategic Partner Engagement
- Steward the development and management of RockHealth.org’s annual fundraising and donor cultivation strategy to meet long and short-term goals
- Manage and cultivate strong relationships with fundraising donors and partnership prospects
- Oversee the implementation of RockHealth.org’s fundraising and partnership activities, including associated processes
- Support the management and engagement of RockHealth.org board members, including board meeting management and engagement in fundraising-related activities
Communications & Messaging
- Develop and execute RockHealth.org’s development, communications, and messaging strategy to support fundraising and external engagement goals
- Develop external communications collateral to support RockHealth.org’s fundraising and programmatic efforts
- Ensure brand alignment with Rock Health affiliated organizations (i.e., Rock Health Capital & Rock Health Advisory)
Leadership Team Support
- Assist and coordinate special communications, messaging, and stewardship projects on an ad-hoc basis for RockHealth.org CEO and Chief of Staff (e.g., fundraising efforts, developing special topic briefs, etc.)
- Contribute to the development of an inviting and inclusive organizational culture
- 3+ years of experience managing or advancing efforts to support a social impact organization’s fundraising, communications, and development operations
- Experience developing strong, compelling narratives that highlight a social impact organization’s mission and resonate with a range of audiences – community members, donors, and broader ecosystem actors
- A proven track record of managing and stewarding relationships with a range of stakeholders—including board members, donors, and staff
- Ability to leverage entrepreneurial thinking to strategically identify funding and partnership opportunities
- Highly detail-oriented project management skills, with experience identifying key priorities for senior organizational leaders
- Deep (or emerging) interest in digital health, public health, and/or healthcare
- Commitment to equity and justice
- Mastery of Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs
Compensation & Benefits
This is a remote full-time, exempt position. The salary range is $80,000-$90,000/year commensurate with experience. RockHealth.org offers a work environment that supports employees and embraces an equity-guided and human-centered approach to our practices and policies.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Remote and flexible work options
- Paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Unlimited paid time off
Commitment to equity and justice: RockHealth.org is looking for a person with a demonstrated commitment to equity and creating a healthier world by helping to dismantle unjust systems of oppression. We don’t expect you to be an expert, but we do expect you to have a strong desire to put your skills to work in doing this transformational work.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RockHealth.org does not discriminate against applicants or employees due to their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical ability, hairstyle, previous incarceration, or length of time spent unemployed. We strive to reflect the diverse community we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
RockHealth.org equips digital health innovators with the resources, reach, and recognition they need to create an equitable digital health future for all. RockHealth.org is the sister non-profit organization of Rock Health Inc.—a venture fund and advisory services firm that invests in and advises ventures in the digital health space.
Context on RockHealth.org
A decade ago, Rock Health’s nonprofit arm activated the digital health field by building a series of vibrant, interconnected events (i.e., Rock Health Summit, Digital Health CEO Summit, etc.). These events advanced the field’s understanding of cross-cutting ideas and laid the foundation of a vibrant, interconnected, and inclusive digital health community. Since 2011, digital health has seen sustained growth spanning from heightened levels of innovation, venture investment, and broader ecosystem activity. In short, there are more innovative ventures, more investment capital flooding into the market, and an outsized opportunity to make healthcare massively better for all. Alongside this growth, the field is actively considering how digital health can expand its reach and impact by engaging an increasingly diverse array of people. To explore and address these emerging questions, RockHealth.org is working to expand its vision and impact to ensure that equity is centered in and across the field of digital health.
RockHealth.org may use third-party service providers to assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing. By submitting your application, you acknowledge your information may be sent to those providers who are assisting in the specific search and agree to these terms.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are a non-profit that equips innovators with the resources, reach, and recognition they need to create equitable digital health for all.