Data science at Brightline is inclusive and we strive to be a team where people with different strengths and backgrounds can thrive. There is no single way to be an excellent data scientist and we work hard to organize in a way that allows people to play to their strengths and do amazing work. Doing amazing work is much easier when we feel safe to talk about things directly. Our team is a safe space to be yourself and take the risks needed to have real impact.
As a Data Scientist you will focus on tools, dashboards and insights spanning a variety of Brightline data sources and subjects. This includes understanding client analytics, executing on strategies for setting up the infrastructure to deliver automated reporting at scale, and supporting analytics for product launch initiatives. In addition there is a theme for this role of going beyond hand-crafted insights to create tools in multiple subject areas that surface important business insights in a proactive way. Families cannot get the help they need unless we arm clients with the insights that show the value of providing Brightline’s services to their employees.
About the Role
As a Data Scientist at Brightline, here's what your day-to-day activities might look like:
- Leveraging programming knowledge to create world class graphics that go beyond out-of-the-box visualizations.
- Creating tools and dashboards will be very important for this role. Great story-telling skills will be really helpful in shaping and telling Brightline’s client value story.
- You will partner closely with product managers, data engineers and other data scientists to understand data requirements; propose and develop solutions that enable effective decision-making.
- You will assist with planned and ad-hoc analyses in subject areas like growth marketing, product analytics, capacity planning, client analytics, and many others.
- You will partner with Data Engineering to build and maintain production data models that are used widely (e.g. using DBT).
- You will collaborate with other data scientists on code reviews and pairing to keep our quality bar high.
- You will participate in the full life cycle of development, from requirements gathering through data transformation, coding and report/dashboard design and creation.
And here are the kinds of projects you might work on in your first few months:
- Build new and improve existing dashboards that highlight the most important success metrics leveraged by our internal teams.
- Identify opportunities for quick wins on scalable analytics and implement if the the impact seems high.
- Help create the infrastructure to automate and deliver analytics & reporting to clients.
- You have 3-4 years of advanced coding experience for analytics use-cases in SQL.
- You have hands on work experience with R, Python, Julia, Java, Scala or similar for data visualization and other applications (and flexibility about languages and tools).
- You have strong analytic skills and experience with problem framing, metric design, and metric implementation and strong communication skills with a focus on collaboration with various stakeholders.
- You are highly proficient in dashboard creation in tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Looker or similar, and possess broad knowledge of effective data visualization approaches.
- You are excited by the prospect of tacking difficult analyses across many different subject areas.
Benefits + Perks
- Remote first and focused on community—we have Bright Spots with employees across the country (check out more info below) + generous work-from-home stipend
- Competitive compensation & benefits packages because we know the work you do is hard and we recognize how valuable you are, including an unlimited PTO policy + 14 paid holidays, Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, and stock options
- Collaborate with diverse members across teams with weekly group learning opportunities and team breakfasts (and offsite retreats in the future!)
- Dedicated time for your health and wellness, including group workouts and meditations hosted by Brightline employees
- With your help, we’ll build diverse & equitable programs and experiences
Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
We’re in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can’t ignore—especially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That’s why we’re here!
When you join Brightline, you’re joining a team that has an unstoppable drive to change the lives of families across the country. We’re a team of thoughtful problem-solvers, expert and kind clinicians, and experienced operators and technologists. Above all, we’re committed to helping each other succeed, learn, and grow—all while bringing care to families when, where, and how they need it.
No matter what you’re looking for in your next role, we’re pretty confident that you’ll #FindItAtBrightline.
Brightline is a nationally distributed team with many of our team members located throughout the country, some of those being: New York, Boston, Seattle, Portland, Atlanta, Houston, Denver, Minneapolis, San Diego, and Los Angeles. The Brightline office is headquartered in the SF Bay Area, but we consider all local and remote (U.S.) candidates.
At Brightline, we believe that collaborative, diverse, and empathetic tech & product teams can create transformational products to change the lives of families across the country. In a conscious effort to create a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and the families we serve, we celebrate our individual differences and walks of life. Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.