Head of People
Author Health // Head of People
Who we are:
At Author Health, we are a new company offering technology-enabled health care services for seniors with complex mental health conditions. We seek a licensed clinical social worker to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide virtual-first psychosocial assessments, skills-based psychotherapy and education, and health care system navigation.
In this role you will:
Lead Author Health’s growing People team functions as well as provide strategic insights into the HR and team building aspects of the company. As Author Health’s first People leader, you will have the opportunity to cultivate and shape the company’s team growth trajectory, build inclusive and effective HR policies and craft a powerful culture that will allow us to meet the needs of those we are serving in shaping the future of health.
What We Value:
- Representation - we believe that by having a team that reflects our society, we are better able to serve the populations we are building for -- diversity creates opportunities for all of us to thrive;
- Growth - deeply believing in our people’s ability to thrive by providing avenues for professional growth and development, and highlighting achievements company-wide, big or small;
- Engagement - cultivating a rich and inclusive culture that represents our values as well as creates an environment for our team to show up authentically. By promoting intentional interaction internally, we develop opportunities to create change externally for activities such as volunteerism, voting rights, and social impact;
- Balance - our team is better when personal goals are incorporated into work plans, ensuring a healthy dynamic of physical, mental and emotional wellness, with clear expectations on work vs. flexible time.
Who You Are:
- A seasoned leader - you lead with empathy and by example and have deep experience in recruiting and fostering talented employees;
- Mission-driven - you take things seriously about embedding an organization’s goals into a talent ecosystem, strategically weaving the vision into company culture;
- Dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusivity - you are personally dedicated to building an environment where representation flourishes;
- Data-oriented - you know how to track and analyze not only KPIs, but also leverage data to make strategic decisions around retention, engagement, and talent acquisition.
- Lead talent acquisition, onboarding and training for business leadership and virtual mental health clinicians; delivering a consistent and rigorous hiring process, with a specific focus on positive candidate experience and competency-based interview methodologies;
- Design and lead performance management by iterating on review processes and procedures, ensuring Author Health is cultivating an ecosystem of growth; establishing HR and L&D training as needed to help individuals reach goals;
- Help develop the benefits and compensation structure, ensuring that they are competitive and compliant, managing Author Health’s compensation philosophy as the company grows, and ensure the information is reported appropriately; and oversees the team the comp and benefit admin team;
- Establish excellence in HRIS and ATS platforms, managing functionality, and have a high level of hygiene in terms of data collection and usability;
- Embed Author Health’s mission and values throughout the company’s talent ecosystem, determining initiatives or events that empower employees to understand and embody our values;
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations: EEO, DOL, FMLA / CFRA, COBRA, ADA, etc., inclusive of reporting hygiene in all HR related systems (HRIS, payroll, ATS); reviewing risk management and safety programs, making recommendations for improvement as needed;
- Manage Employee/labor relations by training facility staff in union contract management, handling grievances, internal and external investigations related to employment, Leave of Absences, and discipline/termination recommendations;
- Oversee payroll by ensuring standardization and legal compliance, creating, editing, reviewing and interpreting payroll policies; resolving discrepancies and disputes around time and labor; and ensuring data integrity, in partnership with finance to ensure controls are in place and effective.
You Should Have:
- 10+ years of experience in a talent acquisition, management, and People function, ideally within a healthcare organization.
- Previous experience working in a high growth start-up environment (scaling up to 200 people).
- Several years of people leadership experience.
- Ideally experience working in a company that includes an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) and having active involvement in the management of the ESOP preferred.
- Demonstrated experience driving recruitment initiatives to effectively troubleshoot and problem-solve TA challenges.
- Experience recruiting for virtual mental health clinicians is preferred.
This position is fully remote, with options for in-person care with primary care providers as indicated and possible geographically. Physical requirements include the ability to use a computer.
Base salary + 10% bonus + equity. Base salary will be determined based on level of experience and skillset relevant to position.
Author Health is a new behavioral health company committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. It is our policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Author Health is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. In accordance with applicable legal requirements such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Newco will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.